Reviewing Strides: An App for Tracking Your Goals
Strides is a goal and habit tracking app for iPhone, iPad and web. I’m 18 days into using it regularly, and overall I have had a pleasant experience.
Purpose & Functionality
Strides provides a relatively easy way to create goals, keep track of them over time and assess your progress with charts. Watch the video above for a helpful overview of the functionality.
Side note: I began writing this review last night (Saturday, January 18), and since then, Strides has released an update. Additional functionality was added and bugs were fixed, but most importantly, the app has transitioned from a one-time cost of a few dollars to a free download with a monthly fee. Thankfully, legacy users are grandfathered in and will not incur a monthly cost.
Rating: simplicity, usefulness, beauty and necessity
- Simplicity. (8/10) Setting up a new goal takes no time at all, and reminders keep me on track with recording my progress.
- Usefulness. (9/10) Strides turns your progress into helpful charts. These charts make it clear when changes need to be made to achieve your goals.
- Beauty. (7/10) Strides provides inciteful information in a well-designed UI.
- Necessity. (8/10) In the past, I’ve leveraged calendars and to-do lists. These are necessary tools, but I’ve recently begun to understand the importance of setting and tracking goals so that I accomplish the right tasks. Strides makes that practical.
- Stickiness. (9/10) Because people make year-long goals, I think this app is stickier than most.
You can download Strides for iOS from the Apple App Store.