How Quickly Are Apps Updating for iPhone X?
Before the iPhone X was released, there was a lot of speculation in the tech community around how quickly apps would be updated for the new design. I heard commentators say it could take several years, and that this delay might be a reason to hold out on the iPhone X until a year or two pass.
Now that the iPhone X has been released and developers have begun pushing updates for their apps, we can begin to see how quickly this transition will go.
All the apps on my phone... And whether or not they've been updated for the iPhone X.
One day into the new iPhone being released 59 are updated and 21 are not updated.
[Numbers Updated Nov 9] Now 67 are updated and 13 are not updated.
- Things 3—Updated
- Fantastical 2—Updated
- Tweetbot 3—Updated
- Apple Music—Updated
- Product Hunt—Not Updated (Letterboxed)
- Squarespace Blog—Not Updated (Letterboxed)
- Squarespace Analytics (Beta)—Updated
- iA Writer—Updated
- Day One—Updated
- Google Analytics—Not Updated (Letterboxed)
- GoToMeeting—Not Updated (Letterboxed)
- Facebook Messenger—Updated
- Apple New—Updated
- NeuBible—Not Updated (Letterboxed)
- Canvas SF—Not Updated (Letterboxed)
- V for Wiki—Updated
- Kindle—Not Updated (Letterboxed)
- Apple Remote—Updated
- Amazon Prime Video
- Blox—Not Updated (Letterboxed)
- Really Bad Chess—Updated
- Apple Wactch—Updated
- Apple Maps—Updated
- Google Maps—Updated
- Prime Now—Not Updated (Letterboxed)
- Exxon Mobile Sppepass+—Not Updated (Letterboxed)
- Apple Store—Updated
- Square Cash—Updated
- Wells Fargo—Updated
- Barclaycard—Not Updated (Letterboxed)
- Chase—Not Updated (Letterboxed)
- Blue Apron—Updated
- Stich Fix—Updated
- App Store—Updated
- Dark Sky—Updated
- Google Photos—Updated
- iHome Control—Updated
- Amazon Alexa—Not Updated (Letterboxed)
- iTunes Store—Update