Writer Pro: Reviewing My Go-To Writing App
Writer Pro has become my goto writing app. I don’t know about you, but I know that I need as much help focusing as possible. I like to write, but writing daily challenges me (that’s why I’m doing it). If I am going to write consistently, I need to do whatever I can to lessen my distractions, and Writer Pro is one way that I do that.
Purpose & Functionality
The purpose of Writer Pro is to empower writers to write no matter their location, and I honestly believe it does that for me. It enables writing with a simple workflow—note, write, edit, read.
Rating: simplicity, usefulness, beauty and necessity
- Simplicity. (8/10) Writer Pro effectively removes itself from view. The minimalist design and syntax tool focus you on what is most important. The syntax tool enables you to focus on specific sentences or parts of speech.
Writer Pro uses Markdown for styling. Markdown has a learning curve that some people might not want to work through, but for me it simplifies things. I am easily distracted when what I am writing is not styled correctly. Markdown helps me to forget about that, and because my blog accepts markdown, I can paste it in and publish.
- Usefulness. (10/10) I use Writer Pro every day. I do all of my blog writing as well as some personal writing with it across devices. Yes, sometimes I write on my iPhone, especially when I have a long wait somewhere. I know there are other options out there, but for me Writer Pro is incomparably useful.
- Beauty. (9/10) Typography is consistent.The styling isn’t distracting. Overall I like.
- Necessity. (7/10) Not everyone needs a writing app, and for many people free apps like Pages, Notes, or the classic Microsoft Word will be the best option. I understand that in many contexts Microsoft Word is the only real option because of compatibility issues, but for personal writing I think Writer Pro is a perfect tool.
- Stickiness. (8/10) I’ve only had Writer Pro for a little over a month, but I think it will stick with me for quite a while.