Hyperlapse by Instagram: Time-Lapse Photogaphy for the Masses
Hyperlapse works very similarly to the built-in camera app on video mode. You tap the screen for focus/exposure and tap the shutter button to begin the time-lapse. Tap the shutter again to stop. All that is left is choosing the speed of the time-lapse. Now you can delete, edit later or save, and once your hyperlapse is saved, you are given the option to share on Facebook or Instagram. That's all there is.
Rating: simplicity, usefulness, beauty and necessity
- Simplicity. (10/10) Hyperlapse makes time-lapse photography as easy as it gets.
- Usefulness. (7/10) Hyperlapse works well. It produces fun time-lapses that can easily be share, and for what it was made for, it is quite useful.
- Beauty. (10/10) It looks good and has an intuitive workflow. I knew how to use it as soon as I opened the app.
- Necessity. (7/10) Time-lapse photography isn't something that I have to have on my phone, but it is a fun addition.
- Stickiness. (6/10) Hyperlapse will probably be an app that I download when I need it rather than leave on my phone year round.
You can download Hyperlapse from the Apple App Store for Free.