Cinch Brings Windows Snap to Mac
Cinch allows you to quickly resize windows to either half of your screen (by dragging the window to the left or right) or to your whole screen (by dragging the window to the top). The above video from Irradiated Software shows Cinch in action.
Rating: simplicity, usefulness, beauty and necessity
- Simplicity. (10/10) Dictionary.com defines “cinch” as, “something sure or easy.” So to put it simply Cinch is a cinch.
- Usefulness. (9/10) Cinch runs in the background. It starts at login (this is a setting that you can change), and I never turn it off. Yes, Cinch is an incredibly useful little tool.
- Beauty. (8/10) Much like Flycut, Cinch doesn’t have much to make beautiful, but I find beauty in its simplicity.
- Necessity. (9/10) Cinch isn’t necessary, but it does make working with multiple windows much easier.
- Stickiness. (10/10) Once you start using Cinch, you won’t stop.
Header image from Unsplash