Buffer: Automate Your Social Media Sharing
Buffer is a powerful tool that helps you share across multiple social media accounts instantly or at a scheduled time. It is a must-try resource for bloggers and small business owners but can be helpful for anyone. Buffer differs from other apps that I've reviewed because it is more than an iPhone app. It is available as an iPhone app, an Android app, a web app, and a browser extension. These all work together to provide a wonderful Buffer experience.
Purpose & Functionality
Instead explaining the functionality of Buffer, I'm going to share three ways that I use Buffer.
- I use Buffer to stay focused at work. I will often read ten articles in the morning before work, and sometimes I want to share three or four of them. This is where Buffer comes in. It helps me share those posts throughout my workday and still be focused at work. All I have to do is add them to my Buffer queue, and Buffer will post them over time. In Buffer's settings I can choose when I want to post for each account and for each day of the week. Buffering a few things in the morning helps me to know that I'm being active on social media without needing to constantly check my phone.
- I use Buffer to share on LinkedIn. A few years ago I found myself neglecting LinkedIn. I just never logged in. LinkedIn is a helpful resource when looking for a job or trying to sell things, but I don't want to be another LinkedIn user who only uses it to benefit myself. So instead of only logging in when I need something, I use Buffer to share interesting articles on LinkedIn throughout the week. I'm providing value to my LinkedIn community while keeping my name on my connections' news feeds.
- I use Buffer to share at specific times. Sometimes I want to share things at a specific time, so instead of adding them to my Buffer queue, I schedule them. With only a few clicks Buffer will share that post at the exact time I choose.
Rating: simplicity, usefulness, beauty and necessity
- Simplicity. (8/10) Buffer fixes a complex problem simply. It has an intuitive user interface across all of its applications.
- Usefulness. (10/10) I use Buffer every day. It has become an invaluable social media resource.
- Beauty. (8/10) Buffer looks good in every form. Even the browser extension looks nice.
- Necessity. (8/10) If you own a small business, blog or post on multiple social media accounts, I definitely recommend trying Buffer.
- Stickiness. (9/10) I've been using Buffer for over two years, and I still love it.
You can download Buffer from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, use it from buffer.com and share with browser extensions all for free. Or you can upgrade to the Awesome Plan for a more powerful experience.